Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Bryce's Imagination

I don't know what is worse, how vivid Bryce's imagination is at four or how he is already using his vivid imagination (or trying too) to his advantage. He is still using his imaginary friends as excuses when he does something he knows he is not supposed to be doing. If he is caught with something he is not supposed to have someone else (either one of his brothers or one of his imaginary friends MADE him take it.

It really scares me. This is a hilarious/disgusting story/example of what I am talking about!

I came in a little while ago from standing outside talking to a friend. Bryce came in to the room I was in. He had been in bed for quite a while, but kept making excuses to come out. I knew while I was outside he was probably up with Caleb. I noticed that something was in his hair and felt it and asked what it was. BOY AM I SORRY I ASKED!!

Bryce what is in your hair?

Nothing, nevermind, good night (he is embarressed and running to bed)!

Bryce, come here.

What

What is in your hair?

Um, well someone may have stuck my head in the toilet.

Who?

Caleb.

(Frightened, but asking anyway) What was IN the toilet?

POOP, and now I have POOP CRUMBS in my hair.

GO GET IN BED!!


I go and ask Caleb (through tears of laughter) if he put Bryce's head in the toilet. "No, he always makes things up and blames me!" Which he does!

I go back in Bryce's room. Bryce who REALLY put your head in the poopy toilet?

OKAY! Really it was Robby!
_________

Please tell me that child is NOT really blaming an imaginary friend for something that gross!!

And yes I sent him to bed - without a shower.

It WAS NOT POOP!! I already got lectured from my sister about the diseases that poop can cause and how horrible I was for sending my son to bed with "poop crumbs" (nice four year old terminology there!) in his hair. It was SOAP in his hair, but Bryce thinks that I think it is poop and that I am mean for making him sleep in it. This is his gazillionth excuse TONIGHT as to why he can't go to bed. The best one, before this one, was him coming out 50 times to tell me he had a horrible, ugh, ugh, ugh cough that was keeping him up! He came out about every two minutes to tell me though, and he was not fake coughing in bed - just as he walked into where I was!

This story is one for the record books!! I hope he reads this in disgust in 30 years and then his son does the same thing to him!!!

No comments: