Saturday, November 24, 2007

Christmas Decorating

We put up Christmas decorations last night and today. We decided, for the first time since we were married, to get a real tree. We went last night and got it and put it up while we listened to the Razorbacks beat LSU (who was ranked #1 before we beat them in the third overtime - by two points). Oh yeah - sorry! So, we were working on the tree and the star would not stay on the top. SO, we decided to get a bow for the top instead. We went to the store to get one, and all we could find were red. My decor is blues, silvers and pearls. I decided that I would make a bow. Got home, and OH YEAH!!! I have NEVER made a bow before!! Paul got online while I was playing with the ribbon and found some instructions on how to make them. The two of us sat down together with our little homemade, bow-making contraption and made this bow. I was pretty impressed with our work for it to be the first time! It is a little bigger than I would have picked for our tree, but it works!

Caleb went on and on the whole way to buy the tree saying that it was a waste of money and he wanted the fake tree and blah blah blah!! The fake tree is BIG. Last year we only put half the tree up (it was in a corner). I don't have a corner to put half a tree in this year and with Andrew being mobile - I really wanted the tree out of the living room. So, it is in the front window - in the dining room.

No comments: