Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Psalms 127

v.3 Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

I have been quadrupally blessed. It is not always easy to see the "reward" in them, but you always do! I really wanted a girl, but was surprisingly accepting of hearing that we were having a boy. God has a reason for giving me four boys. Maybe it is the lessons that I have, am and will learn from them (I know you can learn lessons from girls too). I will continue to love my boys and will always find the "gift" in them - even when I really have to search!!

Children are too often seen as libilities rather than assets. If we take the time to listen to them and watch them they can teach us many lessons from their inquisitive minds and trusting spirits. How can we treat them as an inconvienence when they are so highly valued by God? They are great gifts of God.

This is my life verse (for now anyway) because when the days are exceptionally trying with the boys - I can read this and remember that the boys are mine and Paul's rewards from God.

I searched for a month for this verse, and could not find it. I even had a couple of other people looking for it. Yesterday, while talking to a friend, she said that she randomly opened her Bible and started reading. This was what she read. When she started telling me I got really excited and asked the verse. She said for some reason she thought it was Psalms 127, but she was probably wrong. When she went and looked it up - it was "the" chapter I have been searching for all this time!!

I guess God made her open to that passage to reward me for the month of searching!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say how proud I am to be your mother. The growth I see in you (not just physically with child) is amazing. To see the love that you and Paul have for each other and for your children is totally amazing. The spiritual growth you are experiencing is wonderful. I think the fact that 'prissy, girly,pink' Meg is having another boy is God's sense of humor. You are truly the princess in your home full of princes. You and Paul may not always do what I would choose you to do...thank heavens. Continue to be yourselves, trust in God and each other and remain faithful to HIM.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

My few weeks of searching for a lost item were rewarded by having a WONDERFUL sister-in-law who managed to save the day even though she wasn't even in the same state. Now that's what I call talent! Thanks again. Love you bunches!