Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our Weekend

Nana was here this weekend to visit and meet Madeleine. She got here Friday afternoon and stayed until Sunday afternoon. Friday, she got a hotel room. Friday night Caleb spent the night at the hotel with her and Saturday Isaac and Bryce did. She said they did great, did not get up too early (she was actually up before they were) and the boys loved it.

Paul has been working on the flowerbed that he planted my rosebushes in. He had to pull up all the landscaping bricks around the bed and level it out. Everytime it rains hard part of the bed washes away because it is so unlevel. He has put down dirt and leveled it out and has been working hard at putting the bricks back properly. Then he will put down weed barrier and mulch (which has been sitting in our garage for a couple of weeks now). Nana also helped pull weeds out of the other beds. Mady and I sat and watched :)

Saturday evening I started feeling rundown and achey. I went to bed as soon as the kids went to bed. Sunday the boys (Caleb and Andrew) did not get up until 8!! It was so nice to sleep in. Unfortunately, I went steadily down hill Sunday. After we took Nana to the airport, I came home and went to bed. I was running a fever, achey and just feeling horrible. I have come down with Mastitis. I am breastfeeding my fifth child and have never had it before. I have been running fever since yesterday. I take Tylenol, my fever comes down for a while and then goes back up. I have gotten up to 102.8. So, this morning I called the drs office to get an appointment. I was very happy to hear that I did not have to come in, they called in a prescription for me.

I am lucky though, I have heard others talk about having it and it sounds VERY painful! I was uncomfortable Saturday evening, but immediately started the remedies I read about online. Sunday morning when I was starting to get the other symptoms, I was not hurting unless you REALLY push on the spot that is red. Hopefully, the antibiotics (FOUR pills a day....that will be fun to remember) will work quickly and things won't get any worse.

No comments: