Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Closing

We got some great news yesterday. We were supposed to close on the house on the 14th. There was apparently a hail storm a few weeks ago and the buyers saw some houses get new roofs. They wanted us to have our insurance company look at the roof to see if there was any damage because they saw some houses in the neigborhood getting new roofs. The streets on either side of ours have older houses....houses that probably need new roofs WITHOUT a hail storm.

I called the insurance company that day, but since it has been raining so much, he just got out there yesterday. He called me to let me know there was no damage to the roof. I called our realtor and let him know. Now, the buyers want to close THIS Friday instead of the 14th (like we originally planned). We, of course, are all for it! Get this house out of our hands before we DO have to make an insurance claim on it!

I will be SO happy to be only have ONE house to take care of and pay for!

No comments: