Tuesday, May 05, 2009

2 Week Check-up

I now know what germaphobs feel like! Madeleine had her two week check-up today. We almost cancelled it because Swine Flu is in LA now and I know that a couple of schools in Baton Rouge were closed for possible cases. However, I needed to talk to the dr about her tummy issues, so we went.

I did not want to take anything in that I didn't need to so I had less to have covered in germs, so we went without a stroller or carseat. Me and two kids. I did not want to let go of Andrew because I did not want him to touch anything and I was trying to keep Mady covered as much as possible. This is one trip I have to say Andrew did horrible on! Why do they put toys in drs offices? Paul's theory is it is to keep business up (spread germs, more kids get sick and have to see the dr). The drs office is split, sick kids on one side, well on the other, but everyone goes in the same door and checks in at the same window.

Anyways....her appointment....

At her four day check-up the dr told us he wanted her back at her birthweight by 2 weeks. She only lost 5 ounces and she has regained it. Today she was at her birthweight - 7 lbs 5 oz. She has grown an inch and is now 20 1/2 inches long.

As far as her tummy issues, he told us to try laying her down after she eats for a few minutes and then try to burp her again. He said sometimes they just need a few minutes for the gas bubble to reform and then they will burp. We will give it a try!

We go back in two weeks for another check-up. As for this one, everything seems great so far!

No comments: