Monday, May 18, 2009

I Blame New Mommy Brain

My brain is OFF this week!!

I thought today was the 19th, and took Madeleine to the dr. TOMORROW is the 19th AND her appointment!

I thought the boys got out on Wednesday...the 21st. Yeah, that is right, the 21st is not Wednesday, it's Thursday.

I thought the boys got out of school early today. But, they get out early the last three days of school. Their last day is not Wednesday it is Thursday.

When I took Mady to the dr today, I ran to the dealership to talk to them about my car. Saturday, while it was POURING down rain, my brake light came on. When Paul pushed the brake the pedal went to the floor...there was no pressure. He pulled off and checked the brake fluid and it was fine. The light has come on once before recently and it was not raining that day and nothing happened with the brakes...just had the light come on. When he started the car back up and pulled out the light was off and brakes were working.

Needless to say I was scared to drive it today. The guy said he thinks the ABS system took over prematurely (apparently because of the weight of the vehicle it sometimes does that). This means the computer took over the braking. He explained the horrible noise and how the vehicle behaved when the computer takes over. He said he could hook it up to a machine and get the code from when the light came on, but he needed a couple of hours to do it.

I thought the kids got out early today. I can't take it in tomorrow because of Mady's appt and the kids getting out early. So, Wednesday morning as soon as the kids go to school I am taking it in to be checked. I told him if I couldn't do it Wednesday I would have to bring in all five kids and sit for hours. He happens to have five kids too, so he said that was not a problem for THEM, but understood the headache of trying to entertain five kids at a car dealership for hours.

If they can't get it done Wednesday....it will have to be Friday with all the kids. BLAH!!!!

No comments: