Friday, May 22, 2009

Did She Miss the Memo?

I don't think Madeleine has realized she is no longer in the womb and the cord has been cut. She still sleeps well, as long as she is swaddled, snuggled, has soothing sounds and a pacifier.

I, on the other hand, do not sleep when she is snuggling because I am afraid I will suffocate her! She does not just lay against me....she thinks her face has to be snuggled in me! If she is on me, I am afraid I will drop her.

If I try to lay her down, she will for about 10 minutes and then she starts screaming. She doesn't stop when we pick her up. She doesn't stop until she is tightly snuggled against one of us. She instantly stops and goes back to sleep and sleeps contently for HOURS!!

I am torn as to how to handle this. I think she is too young to be ignored. She spent so long in the cuddly confines of the womb that I can't expect her to just adapt to a new life instantly. At the same time, I don't want her to sleep in our bed forever!

I will continue with what we have been doing and trying to get her to stay in her bed as much as possible.

Again, Mady has plans of her own (this has become her motto)

No comments: