Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kidnapper?

At Isaac's awards ceremony today a lady sat right next to me. I was somewhat leary of what was to come because there were lots of seats on the front row available and I was not in the prime seat area (in front of where the kids would be getting the awards). I sat on the front row but at the end of the row because I had Andrew in a stroller and I was close to an exit (just in case). She immediately started asking me about Andrew and Mady.

Things were fine until the ceremony began. The woman kept trying to take Madeleine out of my arms or off my lap. When she was not trying to take her, she was letting her daughter touch all over her. SHE WAS SLEEPING TOO!! I am no kidding, this woman, many times, tried to pick up my baby out of my lap or take her right out of my arms. A COMPLETE STRANGER!! I would have moved, but felt somewhat safe because we were sitting right by the teachers (who were also blocking the exit somewhat and one of the teachers was Isaac's who knows Mady is ours)!

Everytime her daughter would try and touch her I would move Mady away from her. The last time the woman tried to pick her up, Andrew was throwing a fit (of course HE started his melt down the kid before Isaac was called. I got a couple of pics but missed all of his recognitions). I turned to her and in a stern LOUD whisper said "SHE IS FINE!!" Madeleine never even budged with me taking care of AJ, I don't know why she felt as though she needed to take over my child.

I had my phone in my hand. I thought there was a possibility that I might need to call the police!

No comments: