Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One Month Appt

Today we went to Madeleine's one month appointment (yes her appointment really was today). I can't believe she is already a month old!!

Here are her stats and what she is doing right now.

Weight: 8 lbs 3 ounces (2 ounces shy of gaining one pound since her last appt two weeks ago) She should be growing about an ounce a day...she gained 14 ounces over 14days.

Height: 21 1/2inches She has grown one inch every two weeks

Head circumference is 14 1/4 cm

She also got her first Hep B shot today. She screamed when she got the shot, but stopped when I picked her up.

I got lectured by the nurse giving the shot. I had AJ in a stroller. I turned to set something on the stroller (for like half a second) that was RIGHT behind me. Mady was laying on the table with her feet to the side of the table. The nurse starts lecturing me on how I should not leave the baby unattended and that she could roll off the table very quickly. I don't know what one month olds she deals with, but Mady is not where near attempting to roll (especially from her back to her stomach). I never even turned my back on Mady. After she lectured me she says "I guess she is pretty young to be rolling over, but it does happen quick!" Yeah quick around 4 months! MY BAD!!!

Things she is doing....she is eating every 2 to 3 hours most of the days. Late afternoon she will eat more often and then she only gets up once or twice at night to eat (usually around 1 and 4:30). She is still sleeping a lot during the day, but is awake a lot more than she has been.

She is "smiling". "They" say she is too young and can't control it, but she smiles everytime she hears her Daddy and every time you tickle her in a couple of spots on her. I don't care why she smiles...I like to see it!

Still hard to get her to burp, so gas is still an issue with her :(

There are a couple of toys she likes to look at. She has a mirror that she smiles at herself in. She also likes to watch and grab a couple of colorful toys that make noise.

She is only holding her head up for a few seconds at a time like she has done since she was born. Tummy time is hard to come by in this house with all the "little" feet running around!

She is still wearing newborn size clothes. 0/3 month clothes swallow her and the little diaper covers fall off her. She still can't wear any shoes. Newborn size are too small (her toes have been hanging over the end of her sandals since she was born and ones are too big).

She is not big on the swing...which the boys always LOVED (Isaac lived in it for four months - it was the only place he did not scream). She prefers to be held! She wants to be swaddled. It is a surefire way to make her stop crying. She really liked it in my tummy, I guess. We had a sling that she seemed to like, but the one I had made her head lay funky. I took it back and don't know that I will get another one, but we found that she does like the Baby Bjorn, so she spends some time in that!

She is a paci baby too...big-time.

No comments: