Thursday, April 03, 2008

Right Now

Right now I am sitting in a "water closet" with four boys. We are under a tornado warning and our sirens are going off. Of course, the boys had just gone to sleep, so it took me 10 minutes to get them up and to my bathroom on the other end of the house.

Isaac is trying to sleep in here, Caleb is giving us the scientifics of how tornadoes are made and the liklihood of us surviving. He is also crying because the dogs are not in the bathroom with us. K, this "water closest" is a normal sized water closet. WE ARE SQUISHED JUST THE FIVE OF US! Bryce is saying he hopes we all survive and don't end up at the hospital and he saying he doesn't want to die yet. Andrew is throwing a temper tantrum because he wants to crawl all over the place and no one wants him on them.

I have the laptop in here because our satellite is out and I knew I could have live view news. We are listening to the weather and it is right over us right now. Our lights are dimming over and over but not going out.

We are out of the closet now - almost an hour in there! There is damage in our town - we are fine, everything around us is fine, but the road 2 blocks away was hit pretty hard it sounds like. It appears to of hit around us. Every place they have named that received damage is VERY close to us. They are saying fires, injuries, HUGE trees down (roots pulled out of the ground) - people stuck in their neighborhoods (due to trees and downed powerlines, mobile homes on fire with flames 20+ feet in the air, Target shopping center is damaged, car dealerships damaged. THIS IS ALL WITHIN ONE MILE OF US!

I can hear emergency vehicles close to us.

This is supposed to be happening all night. There is another cell headed our way - they just issued a severe thunderstorm warning. It appears as though the boys will probably be sleeping in my room with me (if any sleep is gotten tonight) - things are not calming down!

One complaint, when I got online to our local news channel to watch their live feed - I first had to watch COMMERCIALS!! I am sitting in a closet with four scared boys and a dog barking continuously and I have to watch commercials ONLINE before seeing if we are about to get hit by a tornado! ARGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

No comments: