Thursday, April 10, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....

And 10th Anniversary, Father's Day and Merry Christmas (and whatever holidays I normally buy you gifts for) Daddy. Hope you enjoy your birthday present for YEARS to come.


Yes, that is right, THE Jeep finally arrived. After SIX WEEKS of waiting for his (almost) dream Jeep to get made - it is here. It even arrived with a window sticker that said "This vehicle was built especially for Paul Barton."

It came in Tuesday morning - and he was, of course, out of town! Luckily, he had a short week of being out of town and was able to sit through the tornado warnings (actually he was test driving his new Jeep DURING the tornado sirens going off today) at the dealership getting it.

He has already gone off-roading with it (with the entire family in it). It already has mud on it! He had to "test out" the 4 wheel drive on it. Of course there are things he would like to add/change eventually. He says things like "When I get to get gifts again for my birthday, it would be cool if..."

I tried to tell him he had to wait until next week - when it was actually HIS birthday (not Andrew's), but let a man go build his dream vehicle and then have to wait six weeks for it to come in and then make him let it sit at a dealership for two days before he can go get it - there was NO way I was getting the keys from him. I haven't even got to drive it yet!

I love you sweetie, and I really do hope you enjoy your Jeep!

No comments: