Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Not a Good Afternoon

It is raining and thundering.

The dog is running around barking.

The boys are asking continuosly if our house will flood or get hit by a tornado (which, by the way, we have chances of severe weather today thru Thursday).

Isaac has homework.

Bryce did not take a nap, and it shows.

Isaac....homework!

I am tired of being a single parent - when I am NOT a single parent.

I am ready for my boys Daddy, and my husband, to be home.

He has been out of town eight out of the last 10 weeks. Only one of those weeks was NOT to Louisiana. I am at my wits end with it. I am tired of no breaks. I am warn down. I need a vacation.

Isaac is having trouble at school still. He does great AT SCHOOL! For some reason, he cannot carry this stuff over to home. He is supposed to be working on his word wall words this week (sight words) and then write a story using the words. He (according to the teacher and his grades) does fine at doing this at school. He can read every single word without thinking about it. For some reason, he gets home and he can't do many of the words. He will look at here and say it is come, even though he just said the word come correctly a few words before.

It makes it even more frustrating because when he gets to a word he does not know, he just stares at me. I keep trying to explain to him that the word is not written on my forehead, so if he is looking at me he is not attempting to figure out the word. After a few times of me telling him to look at his paper, he gets mad and starts crying. Then we are both flustered and frustrated.

This would be a REALLY nice time to have Daddy home to give some fresh help! I know it is not Daddy's fault he is gone and I know that he HATES being gone. I am just feeling really frustrated right now. Since January, he is only supposed to be out of town in Louisiana two weeks a month. I did not know that meant he would be out of town somewhere else the other two. And actually, out of the past eight weeks he was out of town, only two of those weeks have been for something other than this Louisiana project. And, he was actually home ONE of those weeks!

Honestly, I am ready to call his office and quit for him! It is not as though we are seeing some huge financial benefit of him being gone (or ANY!!). It kind of makes it hard to swallow the fact that he never gets to be home with us and we are getting NOTHING out of it!

OKAY (deep breath), I think I am ready to go back to working on homework now.

No comments: