Friday, April 04, 2008

The Day After

The schools are closed today - no electricity. The boys were playing the "what-if" game about the storms, Bryce was still saying he didn't want to die from the storm, so I decided that maybe if I took them to see what the storm did, they would calm down. We went where I knew there was damage, but there were no power lines or anything.

They saw some leveled buildings and debris all over. The roads into Little Rock were closed because of flooding, so traffic was horrible that direction. Traffic lights were not working because of no electricity. I am not sure how we were lucky enough to keep our electricity, but we did. The boys have a new understanding of what this weather can do and they have all commented about how lucky we are. There is devastating damage around us. We did not stay out long, but they saw enough to calm them down.

Right now, we are all very thankful!

PS I know that the previous two post are probably hard to understand. I did those while I was sitting in the closet with four boys, need I say more....

No comments: