Friday, June 08, 2007

Two Month Check-up

Andrew had his two month appointment this morning. It was good! His weight was 11# 3.2 oz (50%), his length was 23 3/4 (80%) and his head... his poor little head was only 15 in (10%). He listened CAREFULLY to his heart and heard no murmur still! HOORAY!

When the dr came in I asked him if I could talk to him about Caleb before we talked about Andrew. He said sure. I told him what was going on and told him that I had him weighed when they weighed Andrew. He was 54.6#. I asked if he could tell Caleb where he should be with his age. Dr. S is laughing by the point I am done telling him what is going on. "Caleb, you are anything but fat. If someone calls you fat, you tell them that Dr. Stanford is your dr and he said you are perfect. If they still have a problem, you tell them to come see me." Then he just talked to Caleb about not listening to other kids, etc. As he finished up talking to Caleb, he says "Now, your brother, on the other hand, IS FAT!! (He was sitting in my lap with no clothes on, so his little baby rolls were hanging over his diaper). That was before I saw his weight, etc.

I had told the dr that my only concern was whether or not he was getting enough to eat. I told him he has only been eating for about 10 minutes every three to four hours. He eats for about 30-40 minutes twice a day, and then "snacks" the rest of the day. Then he throws up quite a bit every time he eats. The dr said he was obviously doing GREAT and not to worry about it - he is eating what he needs to.

Then he got three shots (luckily they have changed one of the shots to an oral medicine). He does not take oral very well!! Not even with Mylicon - he spits IT out when I am giving it to him, but she said he got enough of it to work.

All in all, he is great and growing like a fat weed!!

No comments: