Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Andrew's First "Real" Bath




(I love this photo!!)

Andrew has never really been a good burper after he eats. When he does burp, it is usually followed by milk! We have been seeing my parents a lot lately (which we are loving!!) and Mom is GREAT at getting him to burp and with no milk following it!!

Last night, I called Mom and asked her if I could hire her as our official burper. Andrew ate for about 40 minutes yesterday afternoon. Everytime I would try to make him quit eating (I did not want him to overeat) he would scream and act like he was starving. He does not usually do this, so I thought maybe he was really hungry! Growth spurt, maybe!?

Well, he went to sleep. He woke up right after Paul left to take the boys to VBS. He was gone about 35 minutes and Andrew screamed the entire time. His tummy was hurting and I was not doing anything that was helping. When Paul got home we ate dinner and since Andrew was still unhappy, I decided to get in a warm bath with him.

We got in a filled the tub. While the tub was filling up, I used one of the Johnson's disposable washclothes to clean him up. He loved the bath from the beginning. He even briefly fell asleep, I guess from the warm water and sound of the water running.

Then I turned on the spa. If you have never put soap in a spa, you would not believe what happens. You could not tell there was any soap in the water (the only soap that was in it was the little bit from the disposable washcloth that I cleaned Andrew with). When I turned the spa on, the tub filled with bubbles. Andrew LOVED the bubbles. He laughed and played in them and had a great time - not even a single fuss the entire time we were in it. The second we got out though - he went back to SCREAMING!! Paul asked him if he needed to get back in the tub, he smiled - let out a slight laugh and went back to screaming!!

I may have created a bath monster with his first bath in a big bathtub!!!

No comments: