Wednesday, June 20, 2007

New Kitchen Decor

Introducing my newest, biggest teacup yet:



We found this at Petsmart a while back and I have been debating getting it for the kitchen - except I wasn't going to put a fish in it!! I was just going to use it for decorating.

Paul brought home the fish he had at his office and said that the fish was not getting taken care of. I mentioned that we should have got the teacup fishbowl. Next I know, we are on our way to Petsmart. Except before we left, Paul put a bigger tank in the car.

He got me the teacup, then we went to his office and set up another tank. I am not sure how, if a smaller tank could not be cared for, he thinks a bigger tank will. I think it was just his way of getting rid of the betta so he could do a different tank (no other fish can be put with a betta).

Paul said something about the fish not having a hiding spot (so he put the plant in it). This morning I am in the kitchen fixing breakfast and I kept hearing glass hitting glass. I went and looked and could not find the fish. After some extensive searching, I found him at the very bottom of the tank, under all of the glass decorations. I thought maybe he was stuck, but apparantly since it is all bent glass (kinda look like boomarangs) he is able to swim through them. Guess he has that hiding space after all!!! Let's hope he knows when to use that hiding spot!

Until the cat does away with the fish....

No comments: