Thursday, February 08, 2007

Short, Long Day

I had a short, but long day. Does that make sense? It was short because it was the first day I have had time without ANY kids since before Christmas - those few hours always go by quick. At the same time though, it has been a long exhausting day.

Paul got called out on and ER yesterday. He had to go to Kansas City to a plant explosion. So, I had to get all of the kids ready for school and out by 7:30. I got Caleb dropped off and went to take Isaac to therapy. The teachers were locked out of their new school. I waited for a little while, and his therapist told me to go ahead and go and she would sign in Isaac.

I finally got everyone dropped off and headed out in search of a dresser/changing table. I found some dressers, but just did not want to pay as much as people were wanting because we don't know what kind or color of bed etc he will have later. I found a really nice changing table, that matched the crib. Apparantly it was the last one, so the guy offered it for more than $50 off. So I got that taken care of.

Then tonight we had basketball practice. I tried to talk Caleb into skipping, but he went into this long spill about how much he needs to practice, so we went. On the way, I got pulled over - in our neighborhood!! There were two police cars hiding somewhere. They did not have lights on top so they would have blended in with everyone else, I guess. He came up to the car and told me he pulled me over for not stopping at the stop sign. I told him I was sorry and thought that I had. He said "No ma'am. You almost came to a complete stop, but you didn't!" I started to hand him my license and he said that they were only giving warnings for now. THANK GOD!!!

So, I have enjoyed my bath, now I am laying in bed and enjoying the quiet!

No comments: