Sunday, February 11, 2007

Busy Saturday

I have worked really hard on the house this weekend (well, really just yesterday - I did NOTHING today!!) The inside is now unpacked (other than the books for the office - still waiting on bookshelves!)! I am very excited about that. However, every time I leave the house, I get very unexcited - very quick! There is nothing out there (that I know of) that is suppose to come in, but there is a lot of work that needs to be done out there. The problem is that I can't do much out there until all of the empty boxes are gone. That is going to mean borrowing a truck and making a trip to the dump! We have a box that the 56 inch tv came in STUFFED with broken down boxes, 4 big boxes that had 2 end tables, a coffee table and a tv stand (that is big enough for the 56 inch tv). On top of all of that there are about 4 "regular" size boxes full of broken down boxes. We had A LOT of boxes!

I am going to put out the regular size boxes with the trash, but I don't know if they will pick them up. Worth a try, though. I think everything else in the garage is tools, empty tubs and stuff for the attic. I am going to try to spend some time out there this week, but can't make any guarantees!

Paul is out of town still. He said he would not be back until at least next weekend! We knew this was going to happen though. He was on call beginning last Monday. There was an emergency on Monday, another one on Tuesday, but they were only put on stand-by and did not end up going to them. So, Wednesday when he called and told me that there was an emergency in Kansas City and that a plant had exploded, and they were on standby - I knew he would be going. Put on top of that the fact that Friday was parents night out at church, Monday I have a drs appt and Wednesday is Valentine's Day - he would not be here. Out of 11 1/2 years of being together - I think we have spent one maybe two V-days together!!

The baby room is done. I got all of the boxes out and unpacked, the bed is completely set up. We need to get a twin bed for the room and hang a shelf and some pictures on the wall. I can't wait for Daddy to come home and see it. You could not even really walk in there when he left!

I will try to get some pictures of the boys rooms online soon!!

No comments: