Saturday, September 09, 2006

Estes Park Colorado

Sunday Paul and I went to Estes Park for the night by ourselves. They have a riverwalk that has shopping and food. We got there and went and checked out the riverwalk. The river was flowing and beautiful. I found some teapots in the stores ( how exciting - for me anyway) and Paul found some Mullet Magnets (He and some of the guys at work take pictures when they are out of guys with mullets, then post them online and rate them). They are SO goofy, but Paul was so excited when he found them.

We went and ate at an authentic Mexican restaraunt. Now I always want Mexican - buy I crave it when I am pregnant. Come to find out, while I am sitting there eating my authentic Mexican tacos, I am a tex-mex girl!!! There was corn on my taco and apparantly, corn is one of those smells that my bionic nose does not like!! Paul did not believe me that I could smell the corn and it was nauseating (he is not used to me being able to smell anything!).

When we were pulling out of the parking lot, I noticed quite a few cars stopped down the road. I was looking at what was going on and saw many Elk. Estes Park is known for the elk that come down out of the Rocky Mountains and pretty much take over town. They are not scared of the people and they roam through roads, parking lots, yards, whatever they want! This is a big tourist attraction and cars were just stopping in the middle of the road to take pictures of them (even though they were not in the road). We pulled up on the shoulder right in front of where they were and I took some pictures. I will put them in a seperate post.

Then we went and saw the Stanley Hotel. For those of you who don't know, this is the hotel that inspired Stephen King's The Shining. Room 217 is where Stephen King wrote most of the book and then the ABC miniseries The Shining was filmed there. There were several weddings going on so we did not get to close to it, but got a couple of pretty good pictures of it.

We had such a great, relaxing time. We are not used to not having kids with us, so it was nice to just relax and be able to go wherever and not have to worry about them! I would like to go back and spend more time there though. We did not get to go up in the Rocky Mountains at all, but the view all around us was beautiful!

No comments: