Sunday, February 19, 2006

My Miserable Family

My family is not liking me much lately. Our electric and gas bills have been high lately, so I decided that we were turning down the heater. Of course, I chose the week we have a major cold front and ice, but oh well, we need to start sometime. Our thermostat has been on about 78 up until the middle of last week. I turned it down to 65. After much battling with finding it turned back up we somewhat compromised on 68 - 70. The kids don't seem to care much, but Paul (who would prefer it to be over 100 degrees than have it in the 60's even, is not liking it too much. He is not the only one - the animals are hating it too! That is how spoiled our animals are! This was the scene today:

This is Simon laying against Paul. Paul would not let me put him in the picture, but the cat is sleeping under the blanket. Paul cannot move because "I don't want to disturb the cat." That is never a concern when I am snuggling with you Dear!!








This is Grace (the camera is not adding weight to her - she really is that fat!!). She is very pushy and always takes over the dogs bed. You would think the dog would not put up with it, but I guess when the cat is fatter than the dog....









I am sticking to my guns!! The thermostat is not getting turned up!!!!

No comments: