Monday, February 20, 2006

BOYS

Last night, about an hour after the boys were put to bed, and after removing all of the light bulbs in their bedroom because they would not quit turning on the light and playing, Isaac comes out to the living room. "Caleb peed on my bed." "WHAT!!!" I said jumping up.

I went to their bedroom and sure enough his bed was wet.
"Why did you pee on his bed, Caleb?"
"I didn't."
"How did his bed get wet?"
"I don't know but my underwear are dry."
Let me pause here to tell you that I would assume that his underwear would be dry. I would assume that he pulled them down to do this.
"Well, Isaac's wearing a pull-up so I don't think he could have done it."
"I did it."

I walk out to compose myself before I do something I would regret shortly after I did it. I go tell Paul that yes he really did pee on the bed. I ask Paul what punishment fits that crime. His reply - "I don't know (while laughing - good thing the boys were in the other room!!)."

I made Caleb change Isaac's sheet. Right before I took out their light bulbs, I was listening at their door and heard Caleb "Noone can ever touch my beautiful blanket, but me!!!" So when he was done changing the sheet, I made him give Isaac his blanket. I did not have an extra one, so I told Caleb he would not have one to sleep with, and left (remember that the house is COLD).

I went in about an hour later to cover him up with a sheet. He was inside his pillowcase, curled up and covered with all of his stuffed animals. We are still considering a punishment that fits this crime!! One thing we are going to make him do is write "I will not disrespect my family members" at least 50 times. He is going to have to do this in neat handwriting. I remember growing up Mom and Dad used to make us write letters to the person that we were fighting with (or whatever we were doing), apologizing and saying why we should not do this. I think it might be time to start that punishment now!!

No comments: