Monday, February 27, 2006

Last Game

Caleb had his last basketball game of the season on Saturday. He did not make any baskets all season, but things changed. Since it was the last game, the teams worked together to make sure that everyone who had not made a basket throughout the season, made one in this game. The teams backed off several times to give him the oppurtunity to make a shot. He tried several times, and missed, but FINALLY, he made one!!! Then his confidence soared and he ended up making 3 baskets by the end of the day.

I told Paul early in the season that at the last game, he would begin to like the game. Sure enough, he asked if he could keep playing. I wish there was a way I could get him to this point in the first game! He started soccer Saturday also, and he has played two seasons before, but he still started off acting like he could not do it. I try to encourage, but he ignores me!!!

I am SO proud of you Caleb. You did a great job on your basketball game and I know you will on your soccer games as well. I hope you remember how much you liked soccer, early in the season, instead of later!

No comments: