Monday, February 27, 2006

Isaac's First Sport



Isaac started soccer Friday. He has been so excited about getting to play sports. It was so adorable to watch him trying to play with all his heart! I was so proud of him. He is the youngest player on the team. There are two four year olds, two five year olds and two six year olds. There is a big difference in size, speed and ability. I was really worried that when he got out there with these other kids that knew what they were doing and had some speed behind it, he would give up. BOY WAS I WRONG!!!

He got out there and gave it his all. He never got possession of the ball, because the bigger, faster kids always had it, but he never gave up. He went out there and chased the ball. He ran as fast as he could. He listened to his coach and he tried! I always knew he was going to be very athletic, and he proved it.

I am just so glad that after everything he has been through, he has finally found something that comes easily to him. He does not have to work quite as hard at this as he does with most things he has done. It gives me a sense of relief and I just can't explain how happy and proud it makes me.

I know these pictures are hard to see, but these are from his first practice. Of course there will be lots of pictures of Caleb and Isaac both, playing their games. These pictures should come out better than Caleb's basketball pictures since it will be light and outside! Look for pictures this weekend (first game is Saturday, weather permitting).

No comments: