Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Today I have so much to be thankful for, I don't even know where to start! So, I guess I will start where it ALL started. I am thankful for a wonderful, forgiving Lord that knows what is best for me, even if I don't always agree with his timing. But, as I posted here, he knows what is best and when the time is right for everything.

I am so blessed with a great husband. I have spent almost half my life with him. When noone else believed in what we had, we stood firm, trusted in God (and each other) and made it through. I am thankful for every struggle we have encountered as a couple. Our love, trust and family is stronger for it.

I am also blessed to have five awesome kids. We are ALL thankful for our beautiful, surprise addition to the family this year. I could not thank God enough for trusting us with these precious gifts! I am also very thankful for the health of ALL my family!

And, for family and friends, even though we don't get to see them often.

Everything else, like a steady job for my hubby, getting to stay home with my kids, extra money and "things", etc, are just extras in our lives. We are still thankful for them but they are not what is important.

I could not ask for more in my life. I have been blessed beyond belief. I don't know what I did to deserve all of this in my life, but I try daily not to take it for granted!

It was so awesome at our Thanksgiving lunch today (and every year) to have my kids ASK if we can go around the table and say what we are thankful for before they say the prayer. And, I love listening to the two year old say his own prayer.

It is the little things in my life that remind me how lucky I am!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Love you! Aunt Lindsay