Thursday, November 12, 2009

Andrew likes to "help" with things when I am busy trying to get stuff done. If I don't give him something to do he will just get in trouble, so I usually play along. This morning while I was trying to clean he kept getting into stuff, so I told him to go make sure all the bedroom doors were closed. No, they don't NEED to be closed, just gives him something to do! :)

I hear SLAM, SLAM, SLAM, SLAM and then the pitter patter of his big feet running toward me. "Otay, doors cosed."

Go make sure Beaux is okay (he is in his kennel at the moment). He comes back after a few minutes "Mommy, Beaux otay!"

We did this for a bit and I was running out of pointless projects (really they aren't pointless...they are to keep him busy and out of trouble).

"Andrew" I say as I kneel down to him. "Yes mommy?"

"Andrew, this is REALLY important. I need you to do this for me."

"Otay Mommy, what?" he says as he sweetly hugs me'. :)

"I need you to listen. This is really important." he turns his ear toward me.

"I need you to go and check on Andrew and make sure he is okay."

"OTAY.....I GO CHECK ANDEW!"

I THOUGHT at this point he would realize what I had said and stop. He realized what I said, but he didn't stop. He ran to his room! He came back and "ANDEW IS OTAY!" with such enthusiasm. I had to stop what I was doing and give him a big hug.

Now, he is lying next to Madeleine reading to her.

No comments: