Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Strange Feeling

I was talking to a teenage girl from across the street night before last. Just a normal conversation. She was talking about where she had been (I had not seen her in a while), school, what she had been up too, etc. She was also telling me about what she did for Halloween. She had gone trick-or-treating in the neighborhood of my next door neighbors boyfriend.

I know....so what.

For some reason this statement made my heart ache. I have heard MANY girls talk about their boyfriends and their friends boyfriends and I have never given it a secong thought. But, this time it devestated me. I have these thoughts going through my head that this teenage girl is too young to be trick or treating in her BOYFRIENDS neighborhood. She is too young to HAVE a boyfriend.

Yes, the thought of boyfriends already gets to me. I am not exactly ready to begin thinking of the boys girlfriends either, but I don't get the same feeling of doom with them that I get with the word boyfriend now.

Guess I should start getting used to the idea now. Someone is going to have to stand up for her against her brothers and Daddy when it comes to her and boys. Guess that falls on me!

No comments: