Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Cabbage Patch



Daddy calls Mady my Little Cabbage Patch. HE says it because I like to dress her up and do girlie things with her. Other people make it take on another meaning.

Ever since I had Mady we have always had people doing double take and making comments about how she looks like a doll, they thought she was not real, etc.

The comments have slowed down some now, because she is moving around a lot more, sitting in the carts or stroller, etc. But, the last few days while we were out running errands we started getting the comments again. It is funny to me because in my head I am wondering what mom would push a double stroller so a doll could have a seat or puts their older child in the back of the cart and puts a cart cover on the seat so she can put a doll in it.

Today at Target we got the comments a couple of times. She was sitting up in the cart, but sitting still, just looking around. Two ladies got in line behind us and were talking about how cute she was and how they thought she was a doll. I said we got that a lot. One of the women said "No, seriously. She looks JUST. LIKE. A. DOLL. She looks like what they copy dolls after. Well the cute ones anyway. She has a perfect head and gorgeous skin. She needs to model."

I smiled and said thank you, but inside I was LAUGHING so hard!! If she only knew! Mady has started "talking" a lot lately. She likes you to copy her. It is more of a loud growl, but talking none the less. She is becoming less and less of a "doll".

She IS a beautiful little girl, but I AM very biased too!!

No comments: