Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hurt Finger and Broken Heart

Andrew had his finger slammed in a door this evening. Ironically enough, Isaac did it. He felt SO bad after though, because he knows all to well how it feels!

Andrew SCREAMED and SCREAMED and SCREAMED! I put frozen peas on it, made his even more mad. I tried kisses. Didn't help. I tried everything. Nothing would make him stop squeezing his hands and crying.

He eventually gave up on me I guess. He went to his room, still crying. Daddy went in a few minutes later to check on him. He was sitting on the floor in the corner saying "Mommy no help me!" over and over. Daddy told me so I called Andrew. He said "you no help" and would not come. I went to his room and kneeled down at him. He said "you no help" and ran out of his room.

BROKE MY HEART!!!

We gave him some tylenol and I got him a popsicle so I could use the stick on his finger (he would not bend his finger and it was swelling). I handed it to Daddy to open because I had my hands full. I asked him if Mommy made it better. He said "no, Daddy gave me popsicle."

After he ate his popsicle, I took him, his blankie and monkey to my room. I wrapped his finger up, put some first aid tape on his chest as a sticker and laid down with him. The tylenol kicked in and he calmed down. After that he said "Mommy fix my finger."

Let's hope it stays fixed through the night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being a Mom is such a huge blessing...but sometimes we can't make it alright only console through the pain. It hirts us Moms when they get that first realization that we just cant fix everything. Love, Mom