Friday, December 21, 2007

Santa at School

Santa was at the kids school this morning. He was helping the kids out of their cars. We pull up and Caleb and Isaac jump out of the car. I turned around to say goodbye and Bryce was at the door trying to jump out too. I grabbed him by the shirt to keep him in! Luckily, Santa saw him and came over and talked to him. Bryce once again told Santa what he wanted for CHRISTmas this year - I guess a last chance attempt to remind him!

Santa drove his motorcycle though. I guess it was too foggy for the reindeer to bring him today - or maybe they are resting up for their VERY busy night in a few days!

I was honestly kind of shocked that they allowed Santa to visit the school. I guess I figured that since not everyone celebrated CHRISTmas, they would not allow it. But then, Tuesday the third grade had their presentation. They not only sang Silent Night, but they sang it TWICE and had the audience sing with them the second time around. They did not even change any of the words. I was shocked and amazed!! I immediately turned to Paul and pointed out that the PUBLIC school was singing a song about Jesus! What a nice surprise (and sad that it is surprising).

No comments: