Monday, December 10, 2007

Andrew Choked (So Did Mama)!!

This afternoon Andrew and I were sharing some chicken. A while after we finished Andrew started choking. At first, I thought he was just gagging on some left over chicken or whatever. Then he started turning red! He finally threw up and I thought we were okay, but then it started again. This time he was closer to purple.

I had the phone in my hand! I have had infant CPR and first aid, but I wanted some back up - just in case. Just as I was about to start dialing, he threw up again. This time - he threw up ribbon. A piece about an inch and a half by an inch and a half. It probably would have just gone down if he did not have reflux so bad, but he was trying to swallow and gag at the same time.

I had just vacummed this morning, but if you have or have had kids, you know they are much better vacuums (especially at his age) than the vacuum. They see more and fit in more places than the vacuum (or Mom)!! I don't know where he found the ribbon - but he did.

It was such an ordeal for him that about five minutes after this happened, he just fell asleep in my arms! He wore himself out, poor guy.

I am not sure who it was most traumatic for - me or him!!!

No comments: