Sunday, December 02, 2007

PROUD PARENTS!!!

As a parent, there are MANY things you want for your child. You pray for them daily, for their safety, happiness, etc. If I could pray for only one thing for my children, it would be their salvation. In the end - everything boils down to this.

Last Sunday, during church, Caleb filled out the prayer request slip that is in the church bulletin. He often fills this out, just to do something. Last week he tried to put it in the offering plate. I would not let him - thinking it was just him playing. Then I read it. "I would like to confess my life to the one and only Lord." "Favorite verse: For God so lovd the world that he gave his one and only son for whosoever believes in him will not perish but have an everlasting life (John 3:16)"

I talked to him about this after church and he said he wanted to be saved. We talked about it all for awhile, and he REALLY seemed to get it all! Wednesday afternoon we went to see the preacher. I asked Caleb on the way to the church if he wanted me to go in with him. He said he wanted to do it on his own. If you know Caleb lately - he is somewhat shy. I was shocked he WANTED to do this by himself.

The pastor came out after their meeting and told me about the "bridge" illustration he used while talking to Caleb. He said before he got the chance to offer to pray with Caleb and have Caleb repeat him, Caleb started praying BY HIMSELF!! He did it on his own!

I asked him where he learned his favorite verse. I don't know what made me wonder that - because it is a VERY common verse for kids to know. But, I did ask. I got an amazing story. If you are a frequent reader - and have been for awhile - you may remember that a few months ago - Paul's jeep broke down. We had a hard time deciding where to take the jeep to get fixed. There were major differences in amounts it would cost to fix it from different mechanics. We were told by several people that this one place was great, the man was dependable and honest and did good work. Well, we decided to take it to this guy because there were so many people saying such good things about him. On the sign on his building he has John 3:16 printed. Caleb memorized it while we were sitting out in the parking lot for a few minutes.

Who knew that us going to this certain mechanic would be a stepping stone to my son getting saved. It just shows that kids really pick up on what some may think are small things.

I am so excited to see how excited he is. He is telling EVERYONE "I am a christian now." His Daddy and I are so proud of who he is becoming.

No comments: