Friday, December 21, 2007

Non-Functioning Brain

Caleb was having some problems yesterday. First off, he goes out to feed the dogs after school. Trip came in the house and was muddy. Instead of going and getting the dog to put him back outside, he stood at the door and yelled at him. When the dog did not come, he yells (with the back door open) "Trip get you dick back out here."

I could not do anything at this point but send him to his room. When I regained my composure and called his Daddy to see what he had been teaching him while I was gone (which his response was "NOT THAT!!!") I went to his room to talk to him. I asked him where he learned that and he said he learned it from a boy in his class. We discussed the whole 'you don't have to do or say something just because someone else does' talk and told him maybe he did not need to be around this kid if the pressure was too much.

This was the first of MANY times I will have this talk - I am sure! That is why I was so blown away!

Then, while he was in his room, he decided to stand on the back of an open foot locker. It closed on him. I was in the office and heard screaming like someone was in major pain. I tripped on four kids running to the scream and found Caleb with his leg stuck in the box and him hanging from the top bunk (he was holding on to the rail on the top bunk). He has a pretty good bruise on his ankle! When I asked him why he thought he could stand on an open box like that - his only response was "I don't know."

The whole night was like that. He turned in a little early - seemed to need some beauty sleep or something!

No comments: