Saturday, August 15, 2009

Running Away.....To Madagascar

Caleb was sent to his room earlier when he got in trouble. After a bit, I told him he could come out if he could behave. He looked at me and either said "so" or "no". I am not sure which one, and really don't care because either way it was disrespectful. So, he was sent back to his room.

A bit later I was sitting on the couch and he comes in with a blanket obviously full of stuff, a tin and something else. He asks "When is the next flight to Madagascar?"

"I don't know, but are you running away to Madagascar because you got in trouble?"

He just turned and went back to his room.

Later I asked why he was planning to run away to Madagascar of all places.

"Because they have coconuts."

"Are you planning on living on coconuts alone?"

"Well, they aren't FRESH coconuts?"

Still made no sense to me, so I left it at that.

Do most 10 year olds plan to run away to someplace like Madagascar?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey at least he waited until he was 10. Does even know where Madagascar is?l