Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Four Months Old

Madeleine will be four months old tomorrow. She goes in tomorrow for a check-up and shots, I will post her stats then. While I have a chance, I am going to post what she is doing now.

She is wearing size 1 diapers. Her clothes range from 0-3 months to 3-6 months. She is slowly starting to outgrow the 0-3 month clothes, though.

Eating/sleeping has been challanging, especially the last few months. She went from sleeping all night or only waking up once, to waking up every hour to two hours. Usually she just wants to eat and go back to sleep, but she has still does not burp great and is getting gas frequently. We are trying to find something to help that (actually waiting on the dr's office to call about that now), because Mylicon is not doing much. She MAY have one four to five hour sleep session in the mornings (without waking up to eat), but typically she is still eating every two hours...almost on the dot.

She started cereal last month, with apple juice. The dr said that should help her sleep all night. She would eat it, but did not sleep any longer. I have been trying to give her some formula in cereal to see if she would go any longer between feedings. Formula is a definite no go! She hates it. We tried Similac first. She ate it, and about three hours later, she threw up everything she had eaten. None of the other kids would take Similac, so I went and got Good Start, which is what all the boys took. She would (and still does) scream when I put the bottle (I was trying to get her used to the formula)in her mouth and smile or laugh when I took it out. When I tried to give her formula and cereal she would scream when the bowl was in front of her or I put the spoon in her mouth, and smile when I took it away.

She sleeps in her crib during the day and until the first time she wakes up at night. At that point she goes in our room. I try to keep her in her bassinet unless she is eating, but she still wants to snuggle.

At four months old, she still has to be swaddled to go to sleep. Tightly swaddled!! When she is tired and screaming, if you swaddle her, put her pacifier in her mouth and hold her tightly she will usually instantly stop crying and go to sleep quickly. She is the first one out of all the kids that prefers sleeping on her back (all the boys were tummy sleepers...and yes, I know what they say about sleeping on your tummy).

She prefers Daddy when she is playful or talking, but wants Mommy when she is hungry or sleepy (which I guess makes sense since Daddy can't feed her).

She is very alert and loves to watch her brothers and laugh at them. She prefers to be held facing out so she can see everything. She still does not care for her carseat much (or any seat). She does enjoy lying on the floor and playing.

She likes being outside, just walking. When I can't seem to get her calmed down in the house, she usually instantly stops fussing when we walk outside.

This is all I can think of right now. If I think of more I want to remember, I will post it tomorrow with her drs appt stats.

No comments: