Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Madeleine had her four month appointment this morning. She weighed in at 11 pounds 2ounces and was 24 3/4 long. That is in the 25th% for weight and 75th% for height. The dr also commented on how long her feet were. They are long and skinny, which makes finding shoes for her quite difficult. When she came home, the newborn sandals I had bought her did not fit. Her toes stuck out the end. But, her feet are so narrow that shoes won't stay on unless they have laces. Good thing it is not that important that she wears shoes right now!

I discussed the sleeping/eating situation with him also. At her three month appt, the dr was saying how she was too young to be spoiled and if she fussed it was okay to take care of her immediately. Somewhere between three months and four months we passed that fine line of being to young to spoil and being spoiled! I told him we had let her cry for over an hour before we gave in and she had thrown up, etc, etc. His response "If you are going to give in, give in after two seconds. Why wait an hour?"

So, I am supposed to let her cry and cry and cry (and cry and cry and cry) and if she throws up, that is okay...she is learning.

When it came to discussing the bottle, I did not even wait for his response. I just said "So, I assume that when I tell you she won't take a bottle, no matter what is in it, you are going to tell me that when she gets hungry enough, she will eat." He said I catch on quick.

I have five kids and I feel like she is my first. She is SOOOOO different than the boys. They did not have sleeping problems and certainly did not have a problem taking a bottle (just switching formulas). They were not so demanding - or stubborn. I think she is more stubborn than all the boys put together (and if you know my boys, you know what a BIG statement that is!).

This weekend we are training Mady :) She WILL sleep in HER bed. She WILL take formula from a bottle when asked to. She WILL sleep through the night.

I hope.

My plan is to let the boys camp out in the backyard this weekend (they are always asking to do that). Then put her in her room and let the fun begin. I think since I am the one who has been sleep deprived up to now, Daddy should camp out in the living room so he can deal with her! Wish us luck!!

Some more about what she is doing....she is rolling over from her back to her stomach and occasionally from her stomach to her back (but only when she is REALLY mad). She is scooting all over the place when she is on the floor. When she is sitting in a reclined position (in her high chair or bouncy seat) she trys to pull herself to sitting position.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your going to make my grandsons sleep outside with copperheads and alligators!!!!!!