Monday, August 24, 2009

Conversations with Mannequins

Today I left the house without a stroller! Never a good move! I did, however, have AJ's monkey harness, so when I stopped at the mall to run into a store, I decided to use it with him and carry Mady.

As we were walking through a department store to get to the store we were going to, Andrew had to stop and talk to EVERYBODY!! He would say hi, tell them he had a monkey, etc. On the way back through the same department store leaving, he did the same, but there were not as many people to stop and talk to. He started talking to mannequins, but only the full mannequins (not the ones with no heads). He would wave to them as we walked by and say hi.

I guess he had gotten used to everyone talking back to him and was getting frustrated that noone was speaking back to him. We were almost at the door and he stopped and looked up at a mannequin. "Hi" he said waving.

A couple of seconds later he says sternly "I sai HI!" and he waves again.

Obviously, the mannequin did not respond. So he throws his crossed arms against his chest and does an annoyed grunt and walks off mumbling.

I did not take the diaper bag in with me (didn't want anything else to carry). I was SO wishing I had it so I could have taken his picture talking to the mannequins (I always have a camera in my diaperbag). I guess he does not care what you look like...he will talk to anyone!

1 comment:

L&D said...

Thank you SO Much for your comment on my blog. I needed to read that. I find much encouragement knowing that I am not going this alone.....there are others who have this same problem! I appreciate you sharing your journey. In fact, I cried when I read your comment because I feel like we're on the same team. Such a nice feeling when someone else understands. So thanks again.