Thursday, August 20, 2009

Food

Last night Mady had squash mixed with cereal for the first time. She liked it, after a few bites and her calming down. She ate almost the whole jar.

About an hour and a half later I tried a bottle. This time it was straight formula. I had Daddy hold her like I was when she took it the night before, on my legs looking at me. She took the bottle with a little encouragement. She seemed confused for several minutes. She would stare at Daddy and then quickly look over at me and then stare at Daddy. I guess she was trying to figure out how she was eating and staring at Daddy's face. Maybe that will be encouragement for her to take the bottle easier!

As for how she slept....she took the bottle and then nursed at 8ish and went to sleep. I woke up at 2:55 am amazed that I had not heard her and debating whether to check on her and risk waking her up. About the time I decided NOT to risk it, she woke up. I nursed her and she was VERY gassy, so we were up for the next hour and a half, fussing. About the time we got back to sleep the alarm went off.

Still, it is a major improvement from what she has been doing. By three, I have usually been up several times. Hopefully once she starts eating meals three times a day and a couple of bottles to supplement, we can get this girl sleeping like she used too! The gas....not sure what to do about that! She is just not a good burper. Never has been!

This morning she is attempting to choke down cereal and formula. She is getting used to the formula in the bottle, there was not near the fight last night, or the gagging. But she just really seems to hate the formula/cereal mix.

No comments: