Saturday, August 29, 2009

FAKER!!!!

After the emergency room yesterday, we went and had dinner and then Isaac and I went to get his medicine. I let him pick out some candy, since he had done so great. We got home (at almost 8 pm) and he took his medicine and sat down to eat his candy. Of course, his brothers start hounding him for some.

This morning Caleb comes in with his wrist wrapped with toilet paper, a homemade sling around his neck with his arm in it and telling me he broke his wrist. I said "ouch" and continued what I was doing. He says "Don't I get candy? I hurt myself." I said "nope"

A few minutes later he comes in, wrist still wrapped, arm still in sling, wet face (I saw him licking his fingers and wiping them down his face so it looked like he was crying) and "blood" in his hand (aka ketchup). He told me he REALLY hurt himself. I told him that since he kept hurting himself he should go to bed. He said it was no fair that I didn't buy it and go get him candy. Then he said he wished he had a broken something. I told him if he wanted to have his hand slammed in a big heavy door and then have a dr drill through his nail and drain the blood, I would buy him candy. You may remember the last time we took him to get a flu shot, it took two nurses and me to pull him out from under the tables and what ever else he could hide behind. Then I had to sit on him and someone else hold his arms down to get the shot in him!

I told him if we would act like an almost 11 year old when we went to get flu shots this year I would buy him some candy :)

No comments: