Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

And Happy Birthday to my little brother.

We took it easy for our holiday! We checked out some other towns to look for a house in. Then we went and got a slip and slide for the boys, as well as some steaks. While Daddy grilled and got dinner ready, the boys played in the water (and the rain).

Today we went back to a town we have decided to also look for a house in (along with the initial town we have been looking in). We wanted to go back from Paul's office to see how long and hard it would be to get there (it would mean a ferry ride for the easiest/shortest route). After driving around and looking at some neighborhoods, we took the boys to the movies to see WALL-E. It was a pretty cute movie. Andrew's first! He did good for the first half, and got a little restless for the second half. We went through lots of bite-sized cookies and little fruit snacks to keep him quiet. Overall he did very well.

Then we ran a few errands - like getting a new cord for my laptop! I have been without my laptop for about 2 months and just have not gotten around to getting a new cord. It had been giving me problems when I tried to charge it, and the last time it was used Paul said there were sparks coming out of it. I haven't attempted to use it since. I am VERY happy to have my laptop back!

Tomorrow we drive to Mississippi to take Caleb to church camp. This is the first year he has gone and he is VERY excited.

I have a few pictures from this weekend and also from Nana's wedding that I will get on here as soon as I can.

No comments: