Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Caleb Goes to Camp

CALEB CALLED - YAY!!!!!!!

He called about 8:30 last night. He said that everyone was having a pillow fight, and since he couldn't he thought he would call (he took a blowup camping pillow to save space). The first thing he said when I answered the phone is "I am having SOOOOOO much fun at camp!"

He is doing archery. He said yesterday they learned all of the safety tips and how to do it and today they will actually start doing it. He is very excited about it. He said he gets to swim during all of his free time.

He is so funny. He answered a couple of my questions and then ask "Mom, how are YOU doing?" I guess he expects me to fall apart without him. I told him we were doing fine and that his brothers missed him. He talked to Daddy for a while - told him they were getting up at FIVE AM - I told him not to get in a habit of that!

So, he is having a blast. I asked if he wanted to ride back to AR with his friends on the bus. He got very excited and said he did, but asked if we would be there to get him. I told him if we were not there yet, Chrisanna would pick him up.

I am so happy that he is getting to have this experience and that he is getting to see the friends he has been missing so badly. I hope this is enough to get him through the rest of the summer and get out of his funk.

No comments: