Sunday, July 13, 2008

Homesick

We had another long weekend of traveling. Actually, it wasn't even really the weekend - it was Thursday and Friday. Caleb had to be picked up Thursday from camp - which he had a blast at (that will be a different post). The company Paul works with has a plant in Mississippi, so he went to take care of some stuff there on our way. Caleb ended up riding the bus back with the church to Arkansas - since we were headed there anyway.

From Clinton Mississippi we went to Arkansas. On our way there the realtor called to say that someone was coming to look at our house for a second time. We got there with enough time to turn on lights, open blinds and let the dog potty. After the house showed, we went out to eat with some friends and then back to the house.

Friday we ran some errands in AR, took care of the yard and the house and came back to Louisiana.

These trips are completely exhausting, not only physically, but emotionally. Yesterday I had a MAJOR breakdown. I am so stressed out on trying to get our house sold and another house bought so that the kids can start school where we intend for them to go to. On top of that, I am homesick. I miss our stuff - like my washer and dryer, our beds - A YARD, SPACE for the kids to play, etc. AND, not living out of boxes. I try to remind myself that we are all together and that is what is important, but it is still hard. Also, the fact that I have no options to get away for a small break....

So, I had my breakdown - went and laid in bed for several hours and got "over" it. I know it is all in God's hands - just hard sometimes to keep that in mind.

Today we ran more errands. The boys have to wear uniforms to school (which Caleb tried to tell me he absolutely would NOT go to school if he had to wear uniforms). We got what we could for the uniforms, got them shoes, backpacks and lunchboxes. Bryce has lost the excitement of school - because "I don't know where I will go to school." He knows the school he will be at in both locations, just the unknown of where he will be. Today the excitement got raised back some more because he got to pick out his Superman backpack (making Daddy proud).

So, that was our weekend. Up and down - lots of miles - another weekend in our own private he...I mean paradise!!! :)

No comments: