Saturday, March 11, 2006

Soccer Game #2





Caleb on the bench












Caleb - end of game












Isaac with the ball - YEAH!!!







Isaac taking the ball from his girlfriend
(Alyssa) - her brother and Caleb played basketball together and they always played (and she has kissed him at one of the practices!!)



















So today was game number 2. Unfortunately they both had their games at the same time!! Caleb's teaming was missing 2 players so he played just about the entire game (they only had 5 there and they play 4 at a time). When I got down to him with the camera was the one quarter he sat out. We have lots of soccer pics of him though and many more games to go. He played well, except for the few times he stopped to pick a weed (or whatever) from the field!

Isaac did really well. He finally got to kick the ball some. Paul overheard Isaac's coach talking to the other teams coach (but coach did not know Paul was there). "See that little kid, number one, out there?" asked our coach. "Yeah," says the other coach, "he is pretty good." "I know and he just turned four!"
It made me feel good when Paul told me that, because I know it is not just me being biased when I say he is good. There is nothing like a coach bragging about your child, especially when he does not even know the parents hear him.

As time consuming as it is, and even though it gets old, I REALLY enjoy the boys and their sports (shhh - don't tell anyone). It makes me proud to watch them get out there and try and see their self-esteem get boosted when they do well.

No comments: