Monday, March 20, 2006

Our Weekend - Saturday

Saturday we spent a couple of hours doing soccer. This was not fun because it was cold and damp - like I already posted - and Bryce has bronchitis and did not want to leave on a hat or sit in my lap under a blanket. So, I spend the entire time fighting him, and not much time watching the game.

I did see Caleb almost make a goal, but the ball bounced off the goalies stomach. Because of his shot though, a teammate made a goal (so he at least had an assist)! I am not to impressed with his team this season. His coach has never coached before and does not know anything about the game. She went to sign up her nephew and they told her he could play if she coached (that is what she says). Her idea of coaching is saying variations of "good job" over and over. While I think positive encouagement is important, I believe teaching the game is also important. Caleb is very discouraged because everything has changed this season. They are on a bigger field, they have refs, and they actually have rules. Caleb is used to getting to just run up and down the field, and he says it is hard on the big field.

We came home from the last game and took naps, and we were just lazy the rest of the day - watching movies, playing games, etc. We had the perfect nasty weather for that!!

No comments: