Thursday, May 15, 2008

Whirlwind

That is my life right now, a whirlwind. Between all of the end-of-the-year school stuff (carnivals, field trips, tests, parties, etc), trying to sell a house and keep it ALWAYS ready to show, trying to pack to move (while NOT having boxes all over the house when trying to show), normal life of a large family, AJ and his milk issue, Paul's BIG exam tomorrow.....AAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

There is so much to get done and we are QUICKLY running out of town before we move. It is not that I can't pack right now, time wise, but it won't look great trying to show a house that is full of boxes and our storage unit is getting full (not to mention it is warm, so you have to watch what you put in storage).

Andrew had his last GI appointment yesterday. As in the last one we will probably take him to). The GI here was not happy that we were moving, but what do you do! She was upset that I took him off the antihistamines that he was supposed to be on to make him hungry. He eats ALL the time - I don't think that is helping. After Isaac's last dentist appt, I see the effects of meds and I don't want to keep shoving medicine down his throat that is not doing anything. He has been eating foods with milk in them fine for a while now. Drinking milk, however....everytime he drinks milk, he has reflux problems for a day. I have done it off and on over the last month - no change! He won't drink his formula, they don't want him having juice or the purified water with a little juice in it. He is very picky about his drinks. I asked the GI dr whether I should keep fighting with the formula (he is taking 12 ounces on a GOOD day) or try soymilk or rice milk. She told me that was between me and our new GI dr. WHAT? She is his GI dr now. After waiting over two hours at her office yesterday, I get "that is between you and his new GI dr"

Needless to say I was not happy! Glad I am not going back to her!

We will just trial and error until we see what he can handle. I hate to start with another GI dr, but if he has milk issues (which he obvioulsy does) he probably needs to be seen by someone! She did say when she first came in and looked at his growth chart (gained 3 ounces in 1 month after a good weight gain between the two previous appts)that he was definently a mystery. Everything comes back normal, but he still has issues. Maybe that is why we need to move to LA!

Things will slow down, eventually....right?

No comments: