Monday, May 05, 2008

Tornado Sirens....Again

We had tornado sirens going off again Friday morning. Bryce was in the living room and heard them before I did. He ran into the office said "Mom the tornado sirens are going off, we have to go to the bathroom." Then he ran to my room, grabbing a pillow off my bed and went into the bathroom before I could get in there.

I guess it only took seeing the devestation of one (or two actually) tornados to learn the lesson quick!

There have been eleven tornados confirmed that touched down from that storm in Arkansas alone. I think last I heard there were eight deaths. These numbers are just from the storm Friday. This type of weather really seems to be targeting Arkansas lately. I think this is honestly the first year since we moved to Arkansas that the sirens have ever gone off due to the weather (they do go off every Wednesday at noon - to check whether they are working).

I am glad the boys learned early that you don't mess with Mother Nature! IF you get a warning - you take it, no matter if you have done it a thousand times and nothing has ever happened!

One hit Friday morning in the town my parents live in (in TX). It was very close to them, and the sirens did not go off until after the tornado hit and was gone. They live in Canton where First Monday Trade Days is located, and it was the weekend for the trade days. Mom had been asked to work at First Monday with a friend right before it hit. Luckily she was not there, outside or in a metal building, when the tornado hit!

No comments: