Thursday, May 08, 2008

Perfect Example of What I Live With:

This is what I deal with being the only female, and it is only going to get worse! Earlier today, I was sitting on the couch looking at this catalog I had gotten in the mail. Caleb was at the other end of the couch reading Ole Yeller. All of a sudden he yells "DANG, SHE IS HOT!" I look up and see him looking at my catalog. This is what he is looking at:

So, I get online to tell Daddy. Here is our IM:

SweetPea: I was sitting on the couch looking through this new catalog I got today. Caleb was sitting at the other end of the couch. All of a sudden he shouts "DANG SHE IS HOT. This is what he was looking at:
:
Paul: did you tell him that wasnt acceptable

SweetPea: yes - I also asked what made her hot

Paul: i meant there are way too many buttons to easily access her hotness

SweetPea: he said that Aunt Lindsay said that she could say someone was hot and not know WHY she thought they were hot
YOU BETTER BE GLAD YOU ARE NOT HOME!

(yes, it took me a minute to see the comment he sent)



This is all after while we were in TX we were watching some late night talk show. Julie Bowen walked out on the show. I was not even paying attention, but I hear Paul say "there is my next wife, after you die." He has thought she was hot since I made him watch the show Ed with me. (Lindsay about flipped out when he said it! Thanks for having my back Linds!)

I am feeling the love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course I have your back! You are a wonderful mother and wife -- Paul couldn't be any luckier. Even if Julie Bowen would give him the time of day, it would be a downgrade compared to you.

It is amusing the conversation you had with Caleb because I had a similar conversation with him when he was here . . . although he apparently remembers it differently. He kept saying that different women were hot. I asked him what made someone hot in his eyes. He kept saying that he didn't know what made someone hot or he'd shrug his shoulders. The end result of the conversation was that when he called a woman hot, he couldn't tell me why she was hot. Nice of Caleb to twist that conversation around! He is so girl crazy. Actually, he's women crazy, not girl crazy. It's scary to think about how he'll be when he reaches his teenage years.

By the way, I had surgery today. My third one in six weeks. Hopefully I'm done for awhile. I thought I was just getting local anesthesia, but I must not have been paying attention to the surgeon when I had my last appointment (it was while Aunt Mary was in the hospital) because I had to have general again. I'm in pain, but compared to the last two surgeries I had, this one isn't as bad.

Love you guys. I'm saying a prayer your house sells soon. -Lindsay