Tuesday, May 20, 2008

So Nice to Have Daddy Home

It has been so nice to have Daddy home! It is strange to have him home at 5:30 everyday (it will be even earlier when we move). He is just in time to help with all of the end-of-year stuff the kids have going on with school. Caleb has a state project due tomorrow (of course he chose to write about Texas), he is talking to the entire third grade class on Thursday for Career Day, Isaac graduates on Friday morning, etc.

Tomorrow is his last day of work here. He had six days of vacation accrued that he will be using and then he starts work in Louisiana on the 2nd. We will join him the following weekend (the boys get out on the 4th). It will be nice to have a week and a half of him helping to finalize things here and pack (since I have not started that yet - but hey, I DID get the supplies)!

I think this weekend we are going to go on one last Arkansas outing. Paul likes to watch a show called Exploring Arkansas. Last night he saw a park we had not been too that looked really neat. So, we are going to take the camera and check it out.

I have decided that in the new house we need to bring a little bit of Arkansas with us. There is a guy who writes hiking/kayaking books about Arkansas. We have several of his books. He is also a photographer and takes some AWESOME pictures around Arkansas. I want to get some of his pictures for the new house. Paul has a couple of them in his office, but I want some for our house too. Here is one I really want:


And this one is cool too:


But don't worry, I am not doing all pink pics in the house!! There are LOTS of pictures available and narrowing them down is VERY hard! If you are interested in any pictures like this, go here. Just beware - there are a LOT of pictures!

When I figure out my camera and can take pics like this - I will have a website too!! :) Which, by the way, he offers photography workshops! Too bad we are moving out of state :(

No comments: