Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Bragging

One of the great things about doing a blog is that I can brag and I don't have to feel bad about it!! I had a parent - teacher conference with Caleb's teacher last week. In the past we have had a problem with talking and teaching over the teacher - disrupting the class. We no longer have that problem!!! He has an average of 95 to 100 in each subject and is reading at a 2nd grade level (he just started first grade). I got the scores for his Basic Skills test from kindergarten and he was well above average on everything. The teacher asked if I minded if he tutored other kids in his class when he was done with his work, because right now when he gets done he has to sit and wait (he reads or writes). I am very proud of the progress he has made. He loves school and comes home wanting to do more school work. I hope this will last throughout his school years!!! I just got him books 1 and 2 of the Magic Tree House series. Paul and I were not sure if he was ready for these yet, but he sat down and read all 68 pages in a matter of a couple of hours. He has not started the second one yet. There were some words that he needed help with, but most of them he was able to sound out and get!

Okay - I am done bragging on him. It just took a while to get him to the point where he would sit down and do what he was supposed to do when he was supposed to do it!!

No comments: