Saturday, December 12, 2009

Welfare

This is an excerpt from a letter that was sent home with Isaac Friday. He owes 50 cents to the cafeteria.

"The responsibility for a students meal charges lies with the paretn or the legal guardian. If payments are not made, the parent and/or student shall be referred to the office of School and Home Relations (child welfare)."

There are not enough children without homes or children that TRUELY need OUT of a bad home situation that you are going to turn in a parent and/or child that owes 50 cents to a lunch room? This is the best way you can come up with to scare parents into paying the money owed?

And, why is it we are told EVERY. YEAR. that children can not "borrow" from the cafeteria? Yet, every year they allow it? I don't get a phone call saying that my child forgot his lunch. I do not get a letter saying that my child is running out of money in his account at school. I get a letter AFTER he owes money saying that they are going to turn me in to welfare!!

WOW!! I will get RIGHT ON paying that 50 cents so that child welfare does not have to waste there time going after a mom who "lets" he child borrow 50 cents from the cafeteria and can spend there time on children whose life DEPENDS on the welfare system.

Another sign of our government hard at work!

No comments: